The Sikh Religion Examination (SRE) is conducted every year by Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), Sri Amritsar to fill the 50% seats reserved for the candidates of the Sikh minority community in the following SGPC run institutes:
For admission to these colleges under the Sikh minority quota, the candidates must qualify the Sikh Religion Examination (SRE-2019). A candidate shall be eligible for admission by securing minimum 36% marks in this examination. Admission will, however, be made on the basis of the JEE-2019/ JET-2019 merit.
- BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- BBSB Polytechnic College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic College, Ludhiana
Benefits of SRE
1. No management fee shall be charged from students for admission in Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College from students who come through SRE.
2. Scholarships to first Six Toppers of SRE-2019 Examination if admission is taken in Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College.
Who can appear for SRE
Only students belonging to Sikh religion and maintaining complete Sikh appearance (“Sikh Saroop”) are eligible for SRE.
Pattern Of Exam
The paper shall comprise of multiple choice questions from Sikh religion in two languages (English and Punjabi). All questions are compulsory and there is no negative marking.
When & Where is SRE held
SRE test will be conducted Offline mode at selected centres in Punjab as well as out side Punjab, on 11th May, 2019 (Saturday) from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
How to Register for SRE
GUIDELINES FOR THE SIKH RELIGION EXAMINATION (SRE-2019)
- The candidates desirous of appearing in this examination must report, in person, at the below mentioned venues for the verification of their Sikh identity.
Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
From 10th January,2019 to 10th May,2019 [except on Sundays]
The application forms shall be available at the counter. The Roll number-cum-admit card for the SRE-2019 will be issued on the spot.
- The documents to be attached with the applications are:
a) Photocopy of Admit Card of JEE-19 and +2 OR JET-19 and matric
b) Three passport-size photographs.
c) Fee of Rs. 500/- payable in cash.
d) Self declaration as per the format given on the backside of the form, mentioning “I belong to Sikh religion, abide by the principles of Sikhism, have faith in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and maintain complete Sikh appearance (“Sikh Saroop”) wear Turban (only for male candidates), do not cut hair, do have word “Singh / Kaur” suffixed with the name and do not believe in any other Sect”.
The self declaration submitted should be countersigned by one of the parents/legal guardian of the candidate.
- In case the name of the candidate does not include “Singh / Kaur” the candidate shall have to submit a copy of the affidavit given for the change of name, and the newspaper cutting in original carrying the declaration for the change of name.
- The suggested books (SGPC Publications) for the preparation of the exam are: Sikh Itihas Part-I and Part-II by Prof. Kartar Singh, Dharam Pothi No. 9 & 10, Sikh Rahit Maryada, Sikh Faith by Gurbax Singh.(Available at BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib and Sikh Mission SGPC, Gurdwara Rakabganj Sahib, New Delhi on payment of Rs 100/, however the same is also available free of cost on SRE Website. )
- For further details contact 6239863984, 1800-137-2015 (toll free) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org