Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC)
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IIEDC) has been set up in the institute to foster the innovation and entrepreneurship culture among students and further creating good entrepreneurs that will contribute in the development and progress of the society.
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) has been set up at BBSBEC Fatehgarh Sahib to promote the innovation and entrepreneurship skills among the students in the college. The cell works in close association with various Entrepreneurship parks, incubation units, industries and other higher educational institutes. The training sessions and expert talks from the entrepreneurs and academicians encourage and promote the innovative thinking in the students so that they become able to transform innovative ideas into socially and industrially relevant products.
- To inculcate a culture of research and innovation driven entrepreneurship
- To conduct activities that develop entrepreneurial qualities in students
- To make the students think creatively and generate innovative ideas from all fields of engineering.
- To provide the platform for the students to begin their entrepreneurial activity
Functions of IEDC
- To collaborate with the national entrepreneurship development organizations
- To conduct Innovation, IPRs and entrepreneurship-related activities in the college
- To organize workshops/training sessions/ seminars/ interactions with various innovation experts and achievers
- To create a mentor pool of entrepreneurs and innovators for the college students
- To make the students participate in the competitions such as Hackathons, Innovation Contests etc. in collaboration with other institutes and industries
- To organize the field visits to various Incubation Units/Patent Facilitation Centres/Technology Transfer Centres/ Co-working spaces.